The TIE Islamabad Chapter has been in the works for a few months, but they are finally having their launch event this Friday, June 13. The Islamabad Chapter aims to help entrepreneurs in the city via networking, connecting them to experienced mentors, helping with entrepreneurship policy formation, and to try to take entrepreneurs to the next level.
The launch event on Friday is invite-only, but is expected to host over 200 of the whos-who of Islamabad’s veteran and young entrepreneurs, including:
- Ms. Sarah Hashwani – Chairman, Hashoo foundation and President, TIE Islamabad,
- Mr. Zohair Khaliq – CEO, Mobilink,
- Ms. Samina Rizwan – Country Manager, Oracle.
- Mr. Amir Matin – Country Manager, CISCO.
- Mr. Shoaib Mansoor – Founder, Shoman Productions
- Mr. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi – Founder, Airblue
- Mr. Yusuf Husain – ex-MD, PSEB.
- Dr. Atta-ur-Rehman – Chairman, HEC
- Mr. Mansoor Malik – NUST, Technology Incubation Center
- Other TIE charter members from Lahore and Karachi
- High-level members of the government
The Keynote Speaker would be Mr. Rajasekhar Ramaraj, a TIE Global Board Representative.
Sounds interesting – so lets see how this plays out. I hope this chapter focuses on supporting emerging entrepreneurs.