Green & White is happy to announce an exciting initiative that we are starting in joint partnership with P@SHA called Startup Insiders — think of them as Coffee Sessions in your city. This is something I’ve been trying to setup for a long time.
The thought process started with the recent spree of business plan competitions – while those activities have their place to support entrepreneurship, we feel that there’s a big gap the needs to be addressed still.
A lot of bright, energetic and passionate entrepreneurs have great ideas but want to figure out how to take their brilliant idea and convert it into a business – how do they think about product strategy, packaging, distribution, marketing, hiring a multi-disciplinary team?
Whats the best-mix approach to protecting intellectual property, of pitching, options for new venture financing, etc etc.
How do I find answers to everything I needed to know about startups but was afraid to ask?
We think one of the best ways of mentoring people on these ideas is by meeting very informally and very frequently with mentors and people who can truly help them.
We dont want to do this as a big grand activity – we want to take this down to grassroots and meet wherever a group of 15-20 people can get together, relax and think and talk startups – Coffee Sessions, if you will.
Here is the format we will be adopting
– We organize a Startup Insiders meetup in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad atleast once every month. The meetups could be organized anywhere from Coffee Houses, to Restaurants, to Board Rooms.
– We’ll bring CEOs, senior leadership and possible investors (i.e. the actual “startup insiders”) to those sessions. Oh and I’ll be there too in case you want to show me demos.
– You bring the entrepreneurs, friends, students, ideas, questions, myths, fears, product demos and pitches.
– We all have coffee and share insight and make everyone a dreamer, just like we’ve been doing in G&W.
– Each event will be sponsored by one software company which picks up the check. The company’s reps will also be present to talk to everyone who shows up.
I’m very very excited so lets get this going!
I’ve been trying to put this together for a few months now and I’m very excited about this.
This is a model that has been proven to work in helping entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley, and P@SHA and G&W is bringing this home to Pakistan for the first time.
I’m very excited that the Pakistan Software Houses Association (P@SHA) thought of formalizing this into events on chose G&W as their partners.
I’m very excited that ALL OF YOU will be there.
We’ll be kick starting this in Karachi — wait for the announcement of date / time / attendees here.