The P@SHA Launchpad was a great event both in Karachi and Lahore, it gave a good oppurtunity for early startups (and some seasoned ones as well) to have a taste of what it meant exposing your dreams to the people who will challenge it.
One thing which most presenters missed was cover all the bases, you need to be able to tell clearly what you have made, who will use it, why will they use it and how will you earn money.
Anthony Mitchell who is one of our most old and valuable contributor pointed me to this link which i think should be read by every one trying to pitch his dream.
Here is the Crux of the article (do go over the original post for more valuable reading)
- Slide 1: Company name, their thesis in three words, the opportunity in nine words
- Slide 2: Their secret sauce – in about five bullet points and a total of 15 words
- Slide 3: Why their customers see their value – in three bullet points and a total of 30 words
- Slide 4: Their customer traction – in four bullet points and about 40 words
- Slide 5: Customer traction graph (essentially proof points for slide 4)
- Slide 6: Revenue forecast for last 2, next 8 quarters – with justification in less than 10 words
- Slide 7: Profit model – in three bullet points and about 20 words
I talked to a few people and the mentioned they were not asked to include this info in the presentation, always remember if you have toiled for some thing you need to sell it and to sell it you need to tell why I should buy it.