The MIT Business Acceleration Program is a pretty intensive program that takes in companies with atleast $100k in revenues / year and aims at guiding them to go to the next level.
This guidance comes from veteran entrepreneurs and business experts from within the local environment as well as the US, and the end-goal is to help shape a laser-focused business plan for the company that can help take it forward.
Last year’s big winner was Sofizar, who was subsequently invited to present their plan and be recognized at the OPEN New England event in Cambridge, MA in Feb 2008. That event and the support given by the OPEN / MIT Enterprise Forum teams was an incredible help from what we hear, resulting in a very high valuation as well as introductions to key business partners for Sofizar to take their plans forward.
This year’s BAP Final Awards Ceremony will be held on Nov 24th, 2008 at Avari, Karachi. The finalists in the running are:
- Cogilent (BrightSpyre) Solutions (http://cogilent.com/index.php) : Provides online hiring automation solution for employers, headhunters and recruiters.
- CyberSoft (Pvt.) Ltd. (www.csnainc.com ): CyberSoft is in the business of developing and selling
debt collection software solutions
- Kraysis (http://www.kraysis.com ) : Kraysis provides third party independent software quality assurance services.
- SofCom (http://www.sofcom.net ) : Sofcom provides products in the area of Human Capital Management, Process Monitoring, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Voizar (http://www.voizar.com ) : Provides a wholesale marketplace to trade VoIP capacity.
This seems to be year Kraysis emerges out of its startup roots as and becomes a mainstream company, as it also recently won the APICTA 2008 awards and a PASHA ICT Award for 2008.
We’ll try to do a profile of some of the companies here soon. For now, good luck to the finalists.
MITCEF has extended an open invitation to people who would like to attend the event. The Judges for this year’s event are:
1. Ken Morse, MD MIT Entrepreneurship Center
2. Imaran Sayeed, Senior Vice President Global Industry & IT Solutions, Keane Inc.
3. Jamshed Khan, Vice President, Investments – Quantitative Services Group, RiverSource Investments.
4. Muddasar Malik, CEO BMA
5. Omar Hussain, President and CEO, Imprivata
6. Naeem Zamindar, Vice President & Head of Broadband Business Division, Mobilink
7. Jauher Zaidi, CEO Palmchip
8. Zafar Khan, CEO Sofizar