So I just got back into Islamabad and I thought I would write down a summary of the Startup Insiders Lahore event. I had asked a couple of people to fill in for me but I suppose they’ve had trouble putting their thoughts down.
So how do it go? Here’s the bullet-rundown:
- 8 CEOs, 70 entrepreneurs, 6+ startups, and 2 live-bloggers showed up to make it a comfortable cozy evening.
- The live-bloggers documented every thought and sneeze from the event but we didn’t have Wifi available, so I’m told they will be posting details of this later on their blogs.
- ShopHive, GenITeam, Uraan, ByteSense, Krasys and The Blue Brain Project were the startups and interesting projects whose representatives showed up.
- Two or Three products were pitched to investment during the coffee break. Too bad the pitches werent really good (I plan on writing up some tips on how to talk about your product later on)
- Zia and Vahzay had some delicious food that represented the warm spirit of Lahore.
- The panel got really passionate at times, disagreeing with each other as if their life depended on it.
- Best Answer from the Event: Someone from China was telling me ‘if you have massive traffic jams in your country and the power goes out constantly, then youre a successful country’
I would have liked to see more participation from the audience in this event, who had hundreds of questions for everyone during the break but not many questions during the panel discussion itself.
Perhaps it was a misunderstanding and the audience was expecting us to be prepared with questions.
The turnout could easy have been double of this but remember this event was held right alongside teh LUMS Entrepreneurship Summit sponsored by Wateen and SCB with billboards all over Lahore. Considering that, its pretty amazing to see that everyone doing anything interesting in Lahore made it out to SI.
Next time, lets get more people and more questions ready for the next event in Lahore.
Powered by ScribeFire.