Details from around the blogosphere about the SI Islamabad Session. If you’ve written about it somewhere let me know and I will add a link to your story below:
- “… a one of a kind event being held for and by people in the local startup community …” – Metroblogging Islamabad
- “… Spoonfuls of Insight… the campaign slogan isnt off the mark at all.” – Mansoor
- “… one of the most popular seminars of the year..” – Comment on Mansoor’s post
- “all of you who want to start a startup do attend Startup Insiders sessions” – Self Exile Blog
- Brightspyre at Startup Insiders
- Coverage in Urdu!
- NIIT Students’ perspective – here and here
The full panel:
- Atif Khan, CEO, LMKR
- Ovais Ashraf, Director, Bentely Systems
- Saeed Qadri, Director, Voxel Communications
- Zahid Mirza, Netsol Technologies
- Atif Mumtaz and Faisal Chohan, Brightspyre
- Faizan Buzdar, CEO, Scrybe Corp
- Amir Jehangir, Consultant, Competitiveness Support Fund
- Osama Hashmi, CEO, CDF Software
- Dr. Arshad Ali, NIIT
Other contributors – Faisal Butt, TIE Islamabad; Haris Khan, Zigron; and a bunch of other people.
The list of questions asked (no particular order):
- How do you know that your vision about your startup is correct?
- How do we select the founders team? What is the difference between the founders team and the rest of the team?
- How important is the business plan? How much effort should I put into it?
- If we have a product for the media industry – how do we market it? How do we present our plans to TV Shows?
- If someone builds a product but cannot sell it, and then someone else takes that product and is able to sell it to a large audience, which one of them is the better entrepreneur?
- How do the tricks of business change if we move from brick-and-mortar businesses to businesses based on the e-economy?
- When you were all starting out – in your first year how many hours of sleep did you all get on average?
- With the high-stress life of a startup, how do you balance work and life?
- How can we startup without any funding?
The key answer: from Atif Mumtaz: “We’re never raised any funding since we started, and we pay all our salaries from our revenues from customers”
Read onwards for pictures:
Atif Mumtaz explaining how its possible to be successful without any investments – but rather with customers.
Faisal Chohan (BrightSpyre) explains how to build useful products as Faizan Buzdar (Scrybe) looks on
Atif responds to a question while Amir Jehangir thinks about how to add to that response
Faizan Buzdar in action while Ovais Ashraf (far right) looks on.
Zahid Mirza answers a question while Atif Khan (left), Saeed Qadri and Atif Mumtaz look on.
Powered by ScribeFire.