PixSense is Pakistan’s fresh new success story — it is heavily funded, doing some cool work, and making a name for itself.
Apparently they are also looking for people – this was an email received by Tee Emm… I thought I’d share it here in case anyone is interested (and no, Pixsense or Tee never paid us for sharing this… its called SHARING).
Job Title: Engineering & Products
Description: ABOUT PIXSENSE
In March 2006 we were 5 people and a prototype that worked on only one
device. Today (only 16 months later) we’re 50+ people, 3 deployments across
all device platforms, working with the biggest carriers world-wide.
To learn more about us, please visit www.pixsense.com. Some
out-of-the-website facts are:
* Founded in 2005 Santa Clara, CA, USA
* Venture Funding of $7 Million to date
* 65+ Employees (50+ in Karachi)
* Offices in Beijing, Karachi, London, Santa Clara & Tokyo
* Development Centers in Beijing & Karachi
For our Karachi office, we have vacancies for experienced employees in the
following areas. The classifications available are from Senior Engineers all
the way to Director positions.
* Products: Program Managers to work with the world’s largest Telecos
* Device Side: Symbian, J2ME, Windows Mobile, BREW
* Server Side: J2EE
* UI/UX: Flex, Action Scripting, Java Scripting
* QA: CMMi & ISO implementers, Process engineers
* R&D: Anything under the sun
* Networks: Deployment and Security Experts, Hackers
We have special packages for people coming to join us from outside Karachi â€“
such as accommodation and relocation packages.
PixSense is a unique place which offers the stability and security of a well
established company with working culture of a start-up in the cutting edge
area of mobile application development. We offer all standard benefits and
in addition, all employee are qualified for stock options.
There are few companies around the globe (let alone Pakistan) where the work
is as fast paced as PixSense.